First Parish Church – Concord

To the left of this building at 20 Lexington Road, where the First Parish Church is now located, is the site of the town Meeting House in 1775 where the Provincial Congress, including John Hancock and Samuel Adams, met. The First Parish Church was “commonly used for public discourse on slavery in the 1800s.” Harriet Tubman and Frederick Douglass gave speeches there and many Middlesex County Antislavery Society meetings were held there.