Captain Cooke’s Mill Lane

This is the site of a road that led to Captain George Cooke’s grist mill, which was built in 1638. The mill was very important to the local economy, and many more mills were later built in Arlington. Captain Cooke’s daughters inherited the mill after his death in 1652, but the mill was eventually destroyed. The marker commemorating the mill was placed in 1930.